Wednesday 28 March 2012

Girls on film





I got sent this to try by the lovely Dan at The Fabulous Biker Boys - it's one of those tiny cameras that leaps in technology over the last few years have made possible. I've never particularly been one to want to film my own riding, or anyone else's for that matter, but I did once strap a bulky tape video recorder to the tank of my Ducati 900SS about 17 years ago just to see how it'd come out. Apart from the fact the road was pretty boring, it was actually interesting (for me at least) to watch, and the noise was fantastic.

Things have moved on, and with HD in cameras now, some of the stuff you see on You Tube is pretty impressive, so I'll give it a go and see how it works. This particular model is called a MotionCam01, from an Italian company called Interphone, suitably, and is just 3 and half inches long (approx. 85cms for you modern types). I haven't had time to look at it properly yet, but seems to have various robust straps and mounts to fix it in a certain way - it'll need'em with my old Guzzi. I'm into trying out 'multimedia' and nowadays you've got to keep up with the young people too..

We've had a YouTube channel running for a long time now, so we''l post up results on that. In the meantime, see some video sof other Italian bikes and cars we've experienced here: 

1 comment:

ITALIAN MOTOR magazine said...

Good advice appreciated. It does have a mount. I'll try what there is first then see, as it's on a loan (what, you think they give this stuff away?)