Monday 8 August 2011

London's Burning





Not just the title of one of my favourite Clash songs (or should that be White Riot?), but the reality of what has gone on in Tottenham over the weekend. As a North Londoner born and bred, it's sad to see what's happened, though it's weird to see how age changes you - when the last riots happened in 1981/1985 I was all up for joining in. Now I just see it as destructive waste. Pleased I moved out a few years back.

Not interested in the why or the politics of it all but two photos that affected me personally (pics by The Sun):

1) PC World was cleared out by looters but they still left the 27 inch iMac. Pleased to see that the Rolls Royce of computers is still the tool of an enlightened few.

2) What the hell does my beloved Tottenham Hotspur football club have to do with it?? Leave it alone!!

No comments: