Friday 10 June 2011

The one that got away


... and I've been chasing the story of this one for about five years now. I first saw this amazingly patina-ed GT 750 at the Ace Cafe some years ago, chatted briefly with the owner. Was apparently found in a shed with an SS too. It ran beautifully. Saw it again two years ago, didn't see the owner. Saw it for sale in some bike small ads, called the owner. Yes, he was selling, but yes he'd be interested in maybe getting it into a mag. I left him my number. And that's the last I heard or saw of it. Shame.

4 comments:

Nickname unavailable said...

Don't you just hate it when that happens!

Had a guy that was going to sell me an Itom.

"Send me a couple of images", I said.

Kept in touch, and the next thing I hear is he sold it to someone that just happened to be passing his garage!

ITALIAN MOTOR magazine said...

I didn't want to buy the Ducati, just preserve it on film (ok, memory card) and in the mag hopefully. I think people just forget stuff easily, I know I do..

Demonio Pellegrino said...

I pray every day to "find" a bike like this, forgotten in some yards. I am always on the look out, but so far no luck!

ITALIAN MOTOR magazine said...

I think we'd all like to find something like this! Saw a few when I lived in Italy but they were either not for sale or I couldn't afford them..