Friday 14 May 2010

Maserati moto not motor


Italians sure knew how to build two and four stroke 50cc motorcycles. Grown men would race tiddlers like this for 24 hours at a time. This one started life as a rare tipo T2 SS motor without a home - so a frame was built for it, in a home workshop, in Tuscany. I love 2 strokes - rev 'em up and go go go - and this was one of the best I've ridden. That green door within a door surrounded by peeling yellow ochre render is also one of my favourite all-time Tuscan locations, and reminds me of warm sunshine and good times. More on the Maserati in issue 1.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great article. So what is that blue? It's fabulous! I have a Parilla 250 that is BEGGING for that color. Got a code for me?

ITALIAN MOTOR magazine said...

Dan - I'll ask my friend who built the bike, he's probably got a Lechler code or similar. I'll need your email address....